FAQs for One-Time Users

Q: Can I request a record on another person?

A: Yes. Criminal record reports are public information. However, you will not receive information on case types that are confidential by law or not part of the criminal record. These include juvenile cases, mental health cases and domestic violence cases.

Q: What type of information is contained in a criminal record report?

A: All misdemeanor and traffic cases for at least the last five years and felonies dating back to 1978.

Q: What type of payment is accepted?

A: American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa credit cards and most debit cards.

Q: Is there an additional fee to pay by credit card?

A: The credit card vendor adds a $2 charge for each transaction.

Q: Who do I call with questions about the report results?

A: Contact the AOC Records Unit at 800-928-6381, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m. Eastern Time.

Q: How long does it take to process an online request?

A: All requests are processed in the order they are received. The response time depends on the volume of requests ahead of yours.

Q: Can I check the status of my request online?

A: No, the status of one-time requests is not available online at this time.

Q: How do I read a criminal record report?

A: The Administrative Office of the Courts is not permitted to interpret information contained in the report. You may want to contact someone with legal expertise to help answer questions about information in the report.

Q: Can my request be expedited for an additional charge?

A: No. All requests are processed in the order they are received.

Q: What if an employer questions the accuracy of a report?

A: Employers may contact the AOC Records Unit at 800-928-6381 with any concerns.

Q: What if I believe the information on my record is incorrect, incomplete or out of date?

A: Some issues can be resolved by the AOC Records Unit. Other matters require assistance of the Office of Circuit Court Clerk in the county where the case was originally filed. Please contact the AOC Records Unit at 800-928-6381 for assistance or a referral to the circuit court clerk.

Q: Who do I call if I need technical assistance with this site?

A: Please contact the AOC Service Desk at 502-573-2350.

Q: What is the procedure for requesting a criminal record report?

A: To request a report, click on Criminal Record Reports and choose the option that meets your needs.

Q: Does the AOC provide federal criminal record reports?

A: The AOC Records Unit provides state criminal record reports based on information maintained by the state court system in the 120 Kentucky counties. The reports do not contain any federal information.